Celebrating Sanctuary exhibition
W3 gallery and the Acton Arts Forum in partnership with ARK present Celebrating Sanctuary, an exhibition of selected artists representing and interpreting experiences of exile. The exhibition aims to communicate through artistic expression, challenge misrepresentation and raise greater public awareness about the realities of forced exile.
Artists and the arts community working on social issues and inequalities are asked to submit work for consideration for this exhibition in April (form attached).
Key dates to note are:
- The Submission of Interest deadline is Monday 27th May.
- The Selection Panel will meet on Tuesday 28th May.
- If you are selected you will need to deliver your art to the W3 gallery (185, High Street, Acton, London, W3 9DJ) from Friday 31st May to Sunday 2nd of June.
- The curator will hang the exhibition between 3rd & 6th June.
- The Exhibition Opening on Thursday 6th June between 7 - 9pm when artists and their guests will be welcomed, and when there will be a music recital.
- There will be other events during the show including the Closing event on Sunday 23rd June, 4 – 6 pm with an opportunity for guests to 'meet the artists' who can talk on the significance of their work, reflecting on the West London refugee situation, and celebrating the exhibition.
PLEASE FILL THE SUBMISSION FORM BELOW AND SEND US BACK TO email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
Rachel Pepper W3 Galley - Yousif Naser ARK
Celebrating Sanctuary exhibition (216 Kb - Format doc)Submission Form